Team Guppy

One of the many things that describes my HOPEISM in our "Life with Autism" journey...

"Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles they overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win, they are the people who don't give up when they lose."

NDCQ

Never Quit

HOOYAH!

Monday, June 2, 2014

After the Rain...



The view from my "Log Cabin" -- my covered porch in the back yard...

I love how God has sent such glorious rain.

Yes, we had some flooding, but it was much needed rain that we should be thankful for -- rain that washes away the bad to bring in the rainbow of good. A downpour of thankfulness to cleanse the soul. At least that's how I saw it as I sat curled up in a blanket with Chevy on the back porch at 3am during the light show of all light shows! It was an awesome testimony of God's power and provision. I get a bit down thinking about the seizures that broke our 11 day seizure-free streak.... I get frustrated trying to understand some other "why's" in life..... And I forget. I forget how God is in control. I forget the incredible power of God as witnessed in that rainstorm where you could feel the vibration of the rain pounding the earth so hard. God is in control, he demonstrated that in the lightening and the thunder. He reminds us of that in the downpour of His Grace and Mercy. I needed to sleep, but I needed to hear God speaking His power even more. He's got this. He's got all of us in Team Guppy. I must simply be still and know that.


 
 
 
 
I love my Praying Mantis, every morning he is on top of the Milkweed Plant - Praying...
I felt like a little girl chasing this Butterfly around my yard waiting for him to land so I could capture a picture.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
My favorite times gardening are when Brandon is able to be outside too, on the trampoline jumping...
 
 
Tomatoes from my garden!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment