Team Guppy

One of the many things that describes my HOPEISM in our "Life with Autism" journey...

"Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles they overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win, they are the people who don't give up when they lose."

NDCQ

Never Quit

HOOYAH!

Monday, June 2, 2014

Serenity & Simplicity


The more complicated our "Life with Autism" becomes, the more I'm drawn to serenity & simplicity. The little things. Like walking outside and seeing the beauty of nature in its truest form. Not perfectly pruned, not professionally landscaped. Just perfectly natural. I love walking by the window and grabbing the camera fast enough to get an imperfect snapshot of the beautiful blue bird that eats my strawberries faster than I can. I love seeing all the colors of the rainbow in my flowers. I love watching the vegetables grown from seed, grow and mature.

In the loud humming crazy chaos that is my "Life with Autism" with the added complication of seizures, -- I simply need the serenity and simplicity my garden escape provides.

I love and need more than anything, the HOPEISM my Sunflowers radiate.


I have a love/hate relationship with the birds... I love to try and capture them in photo, but I hate when they eat my tomatoes and berries!  Oh well, as in life, in gardening you must take the good with the bad!
I love looking at these and getting down on the ground to get them close up.  I picture myself as a tiny smurf and those mushrooms are the Sherwood Forest.  It looks so magical...
My Sunflowers!  Grow them from seed each year in my Whiskey Barrels
Blackberry-to-be when ripe!
One of many lettuce varieties, I'm having pretty good luck growing them in the shade even though it's hot already.

   
 
 
 
 
 
I think it's birds: 50, and me:  6 on the strawberry count!
  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment