Team Guppy

One of the many things that describes my HOPEISM in our "Life with Autism" journey...

"Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles they overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win, they are the people who don't give up when they lose."

NDCQ

Never Quit

HOOYAH!

Monday, June 2, 2014

His Splendor in my Garden...

 I had my sermon outside in the Log Cabin today.

Brandon was up all night and I just didn't have it in me to go to God's house today. Instead, he came to me out in my garden... It was a humid morning with sun showers off and on. Just a beautiful day that the Lord had made. I saw that everywhere I turned. The vibrant colors of flowers I had grown from seed. The abundance in the harvest of food. The sounds of nature around me. The birds, seeing a new color Dragonfly in my garden -- the awe of a spider's web and a new froggie friend. The unexpected capture of a single raindrop on the end of a leaf. It just reminded me as I took it all in --- at how marvelous God's creations are. These things aren't science. They are God's creations. They didn't just happen or evolve, they were created. I thought of Psalm 143


Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise him in the heights above.
Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars.
Praise him, you highest heavens and you water above the skies.
Let them praise the name of the Lord, for he commanded and they were created.
He set them in place for ever and ever; he gave a decree that will never pass away.
Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth...
Let them praise the name of the Lord for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.


Praise the Lord, indeed.

As I took it all in through my camera lens, I couldn't help but think of Brandon. I get so very caught up in praying for a miracle for him, that I forget he is the miracle. Him, and how he survives... I was watching an episode of Christy the other night, and the Pastor-friend was telling her how sorry he was at how many sacrifices she has had to make in leaving the comfort of her home to go teach in the wilderness on a mountain-top mission. She turned to him and said, "After you've been here a while, you realize the blessings outnumber the sacrifices..."

I think today's walk through my garden taught me that about "Life with Autism and Seizures" --- in that indeed they do...


Dear Lord,

Help me to always see your splendor in Life with Autism and in Brandon...


I didn't even see the perfect raindrop at the end of the leaf until after I loaded the pictures on my computer to edit.







































No comments:

Post a Comment