Team Guppy

One of the many things that describes my HOPEISM in our "Life with Autism" journey...

"Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles they overcome. The strongest people aren't always the people who win, they are the people who don't give up when they lose."

NDCQ

Never Quit

HOOYAH!

Friday, June 6, 2014

My Whiskey Barrel addiction...

 
  Well, now that my husband hasn't killed me, I can share the story... 

My name is Michelle Guppy, and I have a Whiskey Barrel addiction.  My husband forbids me to buy more.  So when I knew Brandon had no school today, I knew that I needed a project for us to work on outside.  So I found myself at Lowe's not looking for another Whiskey Barrel.  I had the intent to just get one.  Ok fine, two at most.  I just love how they look filled with my beloved Sunflowers.  So, when they guys were helping me pick the best two of the last four they had, they said how sick they were of lugging them around (They are heavy.  Trust me, I've lugged a dozen of them) and that they would sell me all four for $20 each.  (They are $50 each)  In the split-second before I heard the words "sold" come out of my mouth, I vaguely remember Todd's pleading for me to not buy another one.  Yet somehow when I got home, there were 4 of them in my car.  I could get away with him not noticing another one......or two........but four?  God Bless my husband...  He just got out his drill and drilled some drain holes in the bottom of them..........yet again.

I love my Whiskey Barrel gardens, love the rustic look of them and the "raised bed gardening" benefit is not lost on my back!

Already have some more flower and vegetable seeds planted in them!

HOOYAH!

Half moon!  It is beautiful tonight!
 
My Milkweed plant is blooming!  Oh how I hope a Monarch caterpillar/butterfly calls it home one day!

I have no idea what kind of flower this is.  It's in my Sunflower Whiskey Barrels, I guess I bought a seed pack of something and put it in there too!  I can't remember! 
 
 
Hopefully more Zucchini!
 
 
 
 

Tiny Cauliflower! 
More Yarrow blooming!
 
For size comparison, left to right:
Heirloom Beefsteak, Regular tomato, Heirloom cherry tomato, Matt's wild mini-cherry tomato
They looked so beautiful today!
 
Bee Balm Blooming!  I love the little hairlike patterns on it when you look close!
My Faithful Garden-buddy.  Always right beside me guarding me from rogue lizards, frogs, or snakes!
...and he found one!
 
 
 
A Cucumber bud, a Butterfly, and a Bell Pepper bud!
 
 
My helper today didn't help much, but he jumped much!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment